Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sitting around Mimi's table

This looks like a fun gathering!  I'm realizing my mom is like me...well, maybe vice versa.  I'm seldom in photos now, because I'm usually the one taking them.  My mom isn't in that many pictures back here in the 1950's...and probably because she's taking them!

You might notice the ashtrays on the table...oh my!  Times have changed ... for the better in that regard!  I'm assuming this was in the 1950's...probably around the mid 1950's since all these new old photos were obviously from then because I was a baby or pretty young!  

For you younger readers of the JohnstonChronicles, from left to right is my dad, my Aunt Jane, Aunt Terry, Uncle Charlie (was he officially my 'uncle' here?) Uncle Buddy, and Mimi.  Where was Granddad?  I know where Bonnie Lou was...taking the photo!  Right, Mom?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought my first camera in 1944. I love taking pictures-memories you can look at. Mother had not married Curley at this time. I do not remember this picture but love it. Mom

Judy said...

Grandad would have still been alive when this photo was taken...I think I was 6 years old when he passed away. Did he play cards?

Anonymous said...

He played some but only id he had to.