Monday, March 20, 2017

February 15th...back to Boulder!

 Wednesday, February 15th, we took Brody to Preschool...and we headed back to Boulder!
 This time, we knew where to go to hike up to the Flatirons.
That's the Flatirons in the distance...
We hiked across this field area first...which doesn't look like any big deal...'but, oh my, I was out of breath.  It was all uphill...just a long steady climb.  I'm sure the elevation had something to do with it,
but it wasn't an easy stroll!

 We got off of the field area, and were in the trees... still uphill...
 Then...this became the trail.
Just where the rocks were a bit flattened.
 It was gorgeous...
 We passed the snow line...
 That's Boulder way down there!

 Here, I zoomed in on where we had started...
 Oh my!


 We stopped here for a break...to take a few pictures...and I THOUGHT we were about at the top.
WRONG!









 We kept climbing..
actually, we were actually climbing over rocks...
I was a bit nervous..
no, a lot nervous..
that I didn't know how I would ever get down! 



 I think there are 4 or 5 Flat Irons..
and here we are at the top of the 2nd Flatiron...



 It was worth it,
well worth it...
the views were stunning...

We stayed up and took some pictures, ate some snacks...before heading back down.

We had planned to also go back to Avery Brewery...
and to go to Pearl Street..
well, we were hurrying to get back in time to pick Brody up at 3!

That was all we did in Boulder...

But we'd love to go back again..
another time...

What a great day!
I love Boulder!

No comments: