Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Pedernales Falls with Larry

 February 17th, we flew from Denver to Austin.
I hadn't been to Texas in years!
Larry picked us up at the airport and we went to his house...for awhile.
He asked Ron what he wanted for lunch...
"Salt Lick" was a quick answer.
 The Salt Lick HAS to be THE best BBQ!
Look at this grill!
 It wasn't crowded when we were there..
but Larry said there's usually a line.
It's been probably 10 years since I've been there....but it didn't disappoint!

 How's this for a Texas decor?

 It was after the Salt Lick that we went to Pedernales Falls with Larry.
 We hiked around...climbing over rocks...


 Two brothers!









 Ron and Larry are 11 months apart!  Larry is the oldest.
 Larry loves to run marathons.
He's 64 years old and has run 84 marathons!
He told Ron he was thinking about going to half marathons because
he's'getting a little tired.'



 While we were there, a couple came up to me and asked me to take their picture.
They had a camera similar to my Nikon.
 After I did, they offered to take ours!

 Look at this!
There's a rock, seemingly unattached, just sitting inside this big hole!


 I love this! 
Don't I have long legs?

It was a wonderful spot to see!

Later, Sandra got home from work...we sat and visited a good while...
and then they took us to their favorite Mexican Food Restaurant,  Flores!

Another great day!

No comments: