Saturday, December 03, 2011

Red Rock

My baby brother took us up to Red Rock while we were visiting. 
It was one place I knew I wanted to see.
There are two HUGE ('ginormous' as Thalia would say!) rocks on either side of an ampitheater.  I was told the acoustics are great... concerts, big concerts, are held there, with the season opening with a sunrise service on Easter morning.
Looking toward the southeast from Red Rock...
My baby brother and his favorite sister... I guess I should also say he's my very very favorite brother!

My baby brother and my guy climbing a set of steps after we had walked out to this overhang... (where the photo of my brother and I was taken)...
This is the stage of the ampitheater.




I just realized these photos are a bit out of order.  When we first drove up, this statue, which I can't remember who it is...,  my cousin, Patti,  GRITS, and I had our photo taken in front of this physique!




Patti was taking one of her baby girl all by herself...

This is standing at the top of the ampitheater looking down at the stage...

The group that visited Red Rock.... my baby brother, Becky, Patti, GRITS, my guy, Sami, and me.
My studly husband and brother decided to show their...athleticism?...by sprinting up the ampitheater... I was definitely impressed!  There were a lot of people there exercising!
I was in the visitor's center where they had listed every concert that had been performed there.  This picture was of one of the first musical groups to perform there...in 1910!
Sami and I had my guy take our picture..
and then Sami took one of my guy and me...
GRITS and Patti (her Mama)!
OK so my guy got into the 'photographer mode'...

Just the girls...

Now my baby brother can be...well, he can be a ham...
I'll let the photos of him and Becky speak for themselves!




Adding Sami into the picture, didn't change my baby brother's antics...

"JOHN, come on Johnny, straighten up now," begged his sweet wife!
"JUDY, do something to your brother," she pleaded...


Finally.....


The rocks...they're just so beautiful...the whole place is amazing...

Time to head back.  This was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving...and the day we were having our Thanksgiving dinner.  Unfortunately at the time, we lost power while starting to get everything cooked...so finding out the power wouldn't be on until after 4 p.m. at the earliest, we figured heading to Red Rock was the thing to do... and it was wonderful!

Red Rock, Colorado!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy, these are great pics and it was tons of fun.

Your Fav Brother

Becky said we had a great time