Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Happy #41 to my baby boy...Gabe!

This little guy isn't so little anymore...today he's 41 years old!
 I went back a few years to look at pictures of my boy...
 There is definitely a common element as I look through them...
He's got a shadow...
Emerson King
Over the years, Gabe's hair has gotten a bit lighter...maybe gray is the better term.

Ummm...I don't see the 'silver' in his hair here.
 This is one of the common elements...
baseball!
 When Emerson was younger, he started working with him in baseball.
How many times did I see this?  Sitting on the bucket, throwing balls for Emerson to hit or to catch.


 His second shadow came along in September, 2015...
 September 25, 2015 was the day HE DELIVERED his son!

 My baby boy had two baby boys of his own!

 The new family
 Walt hasn't been quite as relaxed of a little guy as Emerson was,
so there were more sleepless nights...
Gabe is definitely attentive to his boys.
He's always been the one to give them haircuts.

 This was 4 years ago when we were celebrating his birthday and Emily's.
 Emerson had helped bake them a cake...
he had picked out gifts for his parents...


Gabe and his boys!
This was special to me...having all 3 of my kids together.
This was Thanksgiving of 2015.
I had to include this!
I wonder where Emerson and Walt get their tendencies to make faces at the camera?
Baseball...
I know it's so special to Gabe to have his son following in his footsteps with the sport.
 Now he helps coach the team...
 It's special for both of them,
but it's so special to me, too!
What memories this brings back.
 My baby boy...
he's been playing this sport since he was 4 years old...
and look at him now.
41 years old...I know it's cliche to say 'where has the time gone?'
but it's true.  I remember this day, October 2, 1978, as if it was yesterday.
Where has the time gone?

I love you so much, Gabe.
Happy birthday!

No comments: