Monday, February 19, 2007

A Lesson in Determination...in Hope...in Faith...in Resiliancy...in...

Of course, I'm talking about Camilla.

According to the medical profession, she shouldn't be here...but she is. A hemoglobin count of 3? That's what she had...and in spite of that, and massive amounts of her pain meds, she is still calling the shots. She talks on the telephone, she analyzes her TV shows, she has gained a little strength, she's making videos for close family and friends, she dictated valentines, she told me how to scan her valentines to send to Drew and Seth...and the doctors don't know how she is still here. Meet Camilla!

She is one absolutely amazing child...she is teaching me so much. I don't even know what all I'm learning, but I know she has changed my outlook on life in so many ways.

So for those of you who have been looking for updates, what I can tell you is this. Camilla is definitely weak, but she's also incredibly strong. She's dying of cancer, but she is so very much alive and vibrant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Camila,
My name is Joey Tereba, I'm 12 and in sixth grade. I'm also good friends with Cal Arseneau. I can't wait to see the "Family Guy." Also it's nice to see a video of you because I've heard so much about you and now I know what you look like. Keep sending videos! Last year I sent you a bible. Do you remember?

Anonymous said...

Hello Camila,
It's me again. I would just like to tell you a verse from the Bible. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

Call Jenny Arseneau or me, 1-530-335-5122. One more thing, I like to make movies