Monday, January 19, 2009

Lindsey and Donnie

Six years ago...

Lindsey married her best friend, Donnie...
I remember hearing about Donnie... Donnie this and Donnie that. I finally met him on a trip to San Luis Obispo. I told my friend, Mickie, "that's the kind of guy I'd love for her to marry." I would ask about Donnie... "Oh, we're just friends," she'd say. I remember when they were finally 'officially' dating, thinking how they 'played'... they had fun... not that we all don't do that, but they were different. Games, walks, running after each other... just playing around. January, 2003, came and we trekked down to San Luis for the festivities. Our family met Donnie's, hit it off, and had a great time, a fun time, together. Their wedding was wonderful... beautiful...God centered... the beginning of a season of weddings for our family. Nearly 6 weeks later, Gabe and Emily would be getting married.
They had a crossword puzzle in their program. Look at #5 down:
Do you see it? It has 6 letters... one (3), two (3), four (4), five (4), six (3), seven (5), eight (5), nine (4), ten (3), eleven (6), twelve (6)... must be 11 or 12!

Well, it hasn't been achieved yet... but the first one is on its way.

Here's Linz at 19 weeks...
Here she is at about 19 minutes... with her brothers checking her out... Gabe checking to see if she has feet. This was on February 19th... nearly 28 years ago.

My baby girl, a precious child of God... Joshua and Gabrial's baby sister... now she's a wife of 6 years, a mother-to-be...

Happy 6th anniversary, Lindsey and Donnie. I love you both so very much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember ever seeing that picture before. What a cute family! Donnie is my best friend, the love of my life, the best dad ever, as shown by his raising of little Fluff :) And now we're off for a game of bowling. I hope I win!!! I may love him but I still have that competitive spirit. Linz

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I don't think I've ever seen that picture either. Its hard for anyone to be 'good enough' for a little sister but there isn't a thing that isn't 'good' about Donnie (and Linz of course!)

Congrats again,

Gabe & Emily

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 6 years of marriage. We are excited about the baby!

Love ya,

Uncle John & Aunt Becky