Saturday, August 23, 2014

Projects, Poop, Driving, the Park, and Hanging out at home!


Joshua told me he looked 'like I'm 40 years old!' in an earlier post.  Um?  Joshua, you WILL be 40 in 2 years!  Wow...that's hard to believe.   I think he still looks like my baby boy!  I think he has "the list" in his hand...hoping to check something off. 
Benjamin had his pencil to check and mark off the list...he loves to work on projects too!
Emerson was enjoying himself...
I'm not sure what Benjamin was drilling...
William, on the other hand, had to...well, he had to go ...and he had to go QUICK!  I do believe he didn't make it all the way to his little potty.  He's definitely potty trained, but he waits till the last minute at times and it's mighty important to have a potty close by..
Now sweet Thalia has learned to drive!  I was amazed at how well she does!  She was going to drive around the block....


and then I told her just to head on to Healthsport...where we were taking her mama!


Here we are, safe and sound at Healthsport.  Some of our back-seat drivers may have been a tad nervous, but the co-pilot (that would be me) was totally relaxed!  She really did superbly!
Now we were on our way home, minus a mama, a slightly nervous mama.  :)  Pay attention to the silver truck next to us. 
Thalia dusted him!

Seriously, these videos look like she's driving a bit fast, but she wasn't at all...
The big boys were ready for the park and some baseball.  Actually, they were ready for baseball and I was NOT ready to fetch balls over the fence...so that's why we ended up at the park.
We took turns pitching/batting...

Then it was time for a little change...some play-on-the-equipment time.  Now this didn't last long...because one of them suggested playing 'hide n'go seek.'  For the next hour to hour and a half, that's what we did...and it was so much fun!  They would sit on the ledge and count...Benjamin would pick random numbers to count to...like 31 or 28, etc.  Emerson usually counted to multiples of 10.  I counted to 20.  When I was the 'counter', both of the boys would usually hide together.  They were GOOD!  Definitely was a blast!
Back at home, the boys played cars...and trucks...and puzzles...and they talked.  I love to listen to them when they get into some long conversations.
Ahhh...Erica was making her infamous sweet potato fries...while Lindsey got the chicken ready for her Pop to grill...
Thalia and William were hanging out together....
and, of course, this Mimi was one happy camper!

No comments: