Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Hiking at Red Rocks - November 25th

 Hiking is one of the things we've been looking forward to doing in Colorado.
This day, we took the Outpost trail around Red Rocks Park.
 Once we got to the actual Outpost,
we were out on the lookout spot.  Baxter found a hole in the wall where he could see the view better.
See his head sticking out?


 There's my two guys...and you can see the hole Baxter was looking through.



 The rock formations are amazing...
I would love to know what it was like when they were forming.
 So many of the rocks are slanted like this.

 I love it that Colorado is such a dog-friendly state.
 Red Rocks is a state park.
National Parks in Colorado do not allow dogs.
That's unfortunate...because Rocky Mountain National Park is gorgeous.
Baxter won't get to experience those trails.





 I love this one...it looks like a man's profile to me.
 We met this girl walking with her dog...and she told us that around the next corner was a big elk.
Well, we saw what she saw, but it wasn't an elk.
It was a big buck, though!




Red Rocks...
I know we'll visit it often!

No comments: