Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stepping into the 21st Century


Here I am, 51 years old and attempting to set up a blog. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't have a clue what this was. Running into a former student, Stephanie, changed all that. What a great idea. So here I go.

I received my first letter from my granddaughter, Thalia, yesterday. She is 6 years old and absolutely precious! She calls me Mimi...which makes me melt. Joshua and Erica are her parents....Joshua being our first child. Being a grandparent is wonderful! Thalia told me we were the best 'gand perence'.

Emily, one of my daughters-in-law, has just finished the credential program at Sonoma State. She has a job interview today....GO EMILY!

Our daughter, Lindsey, and I are taking a trip to Europe this summer with a wonderful group of high school students from the bay area. We are traveling with a student ambassador program called People to People. We'll travel to France, Monaco, Italy, Sicily, and Malta for 3 weeks. More on that trip will be coming.

We just had our nephew, Addison, and his girlfriend, Kasi, visit us for 9 days. They flew out here from Texas. What a trip! We spent 4 days in San Francisco doing all that tourists do...cable cars, Chinatown, Alcatraz, biking from Fisherman's Wharf to Sausalito, Giant's Game, watching the Bush man scare tourists on Fisherman's Wharf, a free Los Lonely Boys concert....it was great!

No comments: