Saturday, July 05, 2008

The party's over...

After the chicken chased my mom and I down Gabe and Emily's driveway, I got the feeling it was time for the party to end. The chicken wanted normal chicken life to return.

I left SFO after Mom boarded the plane...sniff, sniff...and took off for home.
It was a quiet drive ... no one to talk to ... so I listened to my iPod and thought about how much I had enjoyed the past two weeks ... having all the kids and mom here.
I kept checking out the sun... it was so red from all the smoke in the air. California is definitely on fire.
It's not a good thing that all the fires are burning...but I think it was beautiful to see the mountains in varying colors because of all the smoke.
It started getting dark (I didn't get home until 10:30 p.m.) and as the sun was going down, I had to snap one more picture....

July 1st, a new law started that you can't drive and talk on your cell phone unless it's with a 'hands-free' device...but nothing says you can't drive and take pictures with your digital camera!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, the pictures are so pretty. I hope you have a most wonderful time. Stay safe and well and I'll enjoy reading about your adventures. I know you will have many. Thanks again for a wonderful time. Memories were made. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

That's my plan, Mom! I love you...and sure enjoyed/loved you coming out!

M.D.