Monday, April 06, 2009

Shower for Emerson

Baby Showers... I've always loved them, but now...well, they take on a whole new meaning when they're for my grandsons. This was a coed shower, a first for me!Come on in to Christian and Katrina's... I would have loved if you had all been here in person!Christian made the diaper cake! He is definitely a handy-man, but I had no idea he was this handy!
My guy carried in our gift. (A stroller)
A barbeque was the order of the afternoon... there was no lack of food and beverages! The basketball game was even on for those who wanted to keep up with the score.Sarah, Brandon, and James Marshall came down to the shower.As you can see, there were quite a few little ones running around.Greg, one of Emerson's two grandpa's was there... Emily's dad.Sue was there, too.Emily and her Dad, GregWyatt and his mama... KatrinaWyatt's baby brother, Cash, and his papa, Christian.

There were some others I met, but unfortunately don't remember their names.Emerson may not be born with a 'silver spoon in his mouth', but he definitely will be born with a silver spoon... thanks to some sweet friend of Gabe and Emily's.Hopefully Emerson will never have to use a humidifier, but if he does, he'll love his...Well, congratulations to Brandon. He guessed the correct number of diapers in the diaper cake...and so he won a nice bottle of vino... I thought about being a thief, but since I love Brandon, I abandoned that thought.My little King will be dressed up all the time. He has received so many adorable clothes.Hey, how come you guys aren't in watching Emily and Gabe open their gifts? Jason has to scratch his chin to think of a good answer.Gabe had fun playing with some of Emerson's new toys...he also enjoyed wrestling with Cash ...Wyatt wanted to offer Emily his help in opening gifts...Wyatt was trying to tell Emily what he thought this gift was going to be...Emily and Gabe received all kinds of gifts, gifts they didn't even make back in the days when I was pregnant.Wyatt was wanting to play with Gabe...and vice versa. Natalie thought she'd come check things out too.I loved Lindsey, Donnie, and Benjamin being there, too!Donnie told Little Benjamin to calm down a couple of times. I'm not sure what Gabe was telling Wyatt, ...but it looks like Wyatt was happy about it. Knuckle to knuckle...Sarah had been collecting gifts for Emerson for quite a while. She had them all arranged in this bathtub. Remember that stroller my guy was carrying? Well, Emily was about to open it.I gave a hint in the card, saying I was excited for Emerson to come and be able to take him 'for a stroll.' Cash thought it was a trampoline...except, it didn't bounce.Gabe took a few photos...His buddy, Brandon, is sure excited for his buddy, Gabe and Emily.Christian and Katrina had a basket full of all kinds of necessities and fun things. See this duck? It's already on the spout in the bathroom by Emerson's room. I didn't have the heart to tell Gabe and Emily that it may be a few days before Emerson takes a bath in the 'big boy bathtub.'My two pregnant ones were hanging out talking with Sue.Because I love this picture, I'm putting it in here again. My girls with my boys.

Like I said earlier, there were quite a few kids running around. Wyatt seemed to be the one my camera gravitated toward... also to James Marshall... Wyatt showed me his book. I think he was reading it to me.When Gabe asked him what sound did the snake make,he thought about it for a minute and then ... well, if you hadn't seen Wyatt, you would have jumped, thinking you were standing close to a snake. James Marshall is another very happy little guy. He was showing me his new Converse All Stars. He told me his Daddy had some just exactly like them - except larger.Natalie was one of the few little girls there. She's a doll... and the daughter of Emily's cousin, Andrea...oh yeah, and Tony!Natalie giving this blogger a big smile.James Marshall was fascinated with my camera lens cover. As I was trying to take pictures of him, he kept putting the lens cover back on the lens. I took some all-black photos, thanks to James Marshall!It was a beautiful day and Cash, when he decided he'd had enough, began to sweep. I think he was trying to tell the crowd that it was time to go home. Not too many listened.He got frustrated. His mama tried to comfort him, tell him everyone would go home soon, that he could go ahead and go to sleep. NO WAY... he was going to stay up as long as everyone else.

We decided to leave... to take Snoop home before he fell sound asleep. (Snoop = my guy... it's a long story...)

Sunday morning, we - actually is was just my guy with a little assistance from the rest of the crew - decided to put the stroller together. It took a bit of time, but finally, mission was accomplished!
Once it was basically put together, it was time for how to put the car seat in without taking off the tray....Gabe figured it out...He showed Emily how to take it in and out....All we need now is Emerson...Gabe felt proud...What a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron and Judy,
Thank you for the fabulous stroller that we will all get to use and for motivating me to get things organized in Emerson's room. It looks adorable thanks to you both!

Also, thanks for photographing the baby shower; all of the kids there were so cute and had fun playing together. I'm sure all of the parents will love checking out the blog.

Not too much longer for Lindsey and me!!!

Love you!
Emily

Judy said...

We had a grand time... as usual! And helping with Emerson's room was very special!

I'm SO excited... can you tell?