Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another blast from the past


"Hi Judy, this is Elizabeth. We're camping close by and would like to come by and see you on Monday."
I about flipped! I had not seen Elizabeth (Lizard bath) in... in 10 years! I think the last time I saw her was at her wedding... and now she has two absolutely adorable little ones...
Ty and Grace...Elizabeth and her family lived in the little town we lived in before moving to our current home. Elizabeth is the youngest in her family...she has two older sisters, Sheree and Kim. Her parents, Bob and Marie, were great friends of ours...still are, but we just haven't seen them in...well, seems like forever.... must actually be 10 years!
When Lindsey was born, I would let Sheree, Kim, and even Elizabeth hold her. Marie about had a fit...I think it made her a nervous wreck. Elizabeth would have been about 4 years old then...hard to believe that now SHE has a 4 and a 5 year old! Ty is definitely all boy.... full of energy...Grace is just an absolute sweetheart...
My guy gave them shovels and they were filling in holes or something like that..in the backyard.
My guy also played Hide and Go Seek with them...in the house. Ty and Grace loved it...my guy loved it!
It's been a time of reconnecting...we sat and talked for...I don't know, maybe 3-4 hours? It flew by, but when they left, I couldn't believe how late it was!
First it was my old friend, Sue...and now Elizabeth... Two GREAT old friends reconnecting...I love it!

No comments: