Saturday, September 04, 2010

Old friends

Lindsey, Amie, Joshua, Melissa, Gabrial, Marc

Last weekend I was passing through a small town where we used to live...I've been through there before, but this time, for whatever reason, I started thinking about some old friends... Dean and Sue...and their kids - Marc, Amie, and Melissa. Our kids were friends - especially Marc, Joshua, and Gabe... and Lindsey and Amie... Melissa, too, but she was younger.

Joshua, Gabrial, Marc
Lindsey, Melissa, Amie


By the time I got home, I emailed the grocery store Sue's cousin owned. I told them who I was...and that I was trying to get ahold of her...
Melissa, Amie, Gabrial, Marc, Joshua

She called...Sue called....and for about 2 hours, we caught up on what had been going on in our families. Amie, Melissa, Lindsey

We figured out that it had been about 26 years...that's a long time...since we'd seen each other.
Joshua, Gabrial, Marc

We've moved, they've moved...Sue said she just KNEW we had ended up in Texas... Amie, Lindsey, Melissa

but no, here we are, still in California...Sue and I even have the same area code, even though we don't live that close to each other... Amie, Lindsey

We are both grandmothers now...I know my hair is not the same color as it was back in these days...and in photos I saw of Sue, her hair isn't the same color either! She used to have red hair...not now. I actually used to have brown hair...and I still do...but I have to get more brown added to it every 5-6 weeks for it to stay brown:) Gabrial, ?, Joshua, Marc

It was so much fun to catch up with her...to hear similar stories about our children... Joshua and Marc

It's been a long time...I wonder how much our kids will even remember about their old, good buddies? 26 years...I can hardly believe it's been that long...


We have talked of plans to get together...


I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so that's what it was like to have a full head of hair. Great pics Jutze. Love you!

Josh