Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Weekend with Benjamin, Part 2

As I said in the last post, I got to spend two days with my little Benjamin! The title of this post says 'Part 2'...but it's actually 'Part 1' because this was Friday...the day I got to keep him while his mama and his daddy were at work. I was in heaven....

He told me all the things he knows how to say...but the one that warms my heart the most, is to hear him say "Mimi"...he almost always smiles when he says it! When he woke up Friday morning, his daddy was still home. Donnie carried him into the living room where I was and said, "Benjamin, look whose here!" Benjamin was rubbing his eyes...then he looked at me, pointed, smiled, and said "Mimi!" Oh my gosh...
After breakfast, playing with some toys, and cleaning up, we decided to go outside. This was the first time I had heard him say 'tree.' We were walking around the side of the house...he stopped, pointed at the tree, and said, 'tree'. I was surprised. He pointed to every tree and said that...(and later, at the mall, he pointed to a big plant in a very large pot and called it 'tree.' I didn't tell him otherwise!)
Out in the back, he was happy to stroll around, pick up rocks, and try to see what some of them tasted like. It was pretty warm and sunny, so I went in and grabbed one of his hats....
I put it on him and off he went...
and off went the hat...
"Benjamin," I called, "you need to wear your hat."
He just turned around and looked at me.
He came running back to tell me he really didn't want to wear it. He walked over to an area that was shady, so I left it off...
I could tell he was thinking...thinking about what he wanted to do...

He sat down to examine the dirt...
He found all sorts of interesting rocks, sticks, and dirt clods. I was on the lookout for ... well, evidence of Ki-ki (aka Fluffy, the cat!).
Benjamin was totally engrossed with the rocks and sticks...
"Benjamin! NO...don't put that in your mouth!"
He obeyed...
He began to examine the tree.. he was checking it out...
Oops...evidence of dirt in the mouth can be seen on his little cheek!

"Benjamin! Take the stick out of your mouth..."
He decided he had had enough.

"Come on, Mimi. Let's go play!" Benjamin may have thought...but he didn't say!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, these are great pictures of Benjamin. From your favorite BROTHER

Anonymous said...

Just as I was playing the videos, Benjamin came in here and said, "Mimi, Mimi." He loves his Mimi and knows her voice!

Judy said...

Oh my gosh...I'm sure I was just as excited when you said 'mama' for the first time, but to hear your grandchild say your name...well, it doesn't get much better than that!

Anonymous said...

sweetie, love the blog. Benjamin is growing up so fast.I love the way he looks over his shoulder. He's been doing that since he was a little guy. Love, Mom