Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Joshua, from 1st grade in 1983





How precious is this? As I was changing classrooms earlier this year, I found this tucked away in a file...I knew then that I'd use it in a post for Thanksgiving. These pictures above, were all put together in a little book Joshua made in first grade. I also found this letter:What am I thankful for?

*My God...I thank Him daily for so many things...

*My family...I know I have been blessed...both in the family I was born into...the family I married into...and the family we have together. They have all influenced who I am.

*Thalia, Emerson, & Benjamin...I know they're family, but they need their own special asterisk! Grandkids are the best...I am absolutely smitten with them!

*Our jobs...oh, I say I'd love to be retired...and I would...but at the same time, I truly love my job! Teaching 4th graders is a dream job...they are so precious.

*My friends...I have a group of 9 other women I've been best friends with for...think it's been 19 years now. I don't know what I'd do without them. We have laughed and cried together over so many parts of our lives...

*Our home...both the area we live in (so absolutely gorgeous) and the actual house. We added on a little to it a couple of years ago, and it made such a huge difference. It's large enough to have lots of people over and have room to enjoy each other! I love to have it filled...as it will be this Christmas!

*Our health...which should not be, as isn't, last on the list. Good health is not something I take for granted...it's one of my daily prayers for Lindsey and Erica...to be healed. I am thankful for the good health we do have, and God's protection.

*I could go on and on...just for the area of my family, I could go through each and every one and have a long list for what I'm thankful for...but, I need to go make a chocolate pie and another batch of hot rolls to take to a friends house for Thanksgiving dinner...and I'm thankful for that, too!

I hope all you readers of the JohnstonChronicles have a Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was quite the artist in my younger years....
Happy Thanksgiving Mom and Dad, I love you guys.
Josh

Anonymous said...

Judy I know you will appreciate this. I got my kefir all separated and had it in the fridge. When I served coffee after dinner I told Mandala that there was cream. I was busy cleaning up and I heard a few comments from the dining table. "Mine has lumps; I stirred mine a lot and the lumps disappeared; If it smells okay it should be okay; and the best one; Mine curdled!" I went to check out the date on the cream and Mandala had served KEFIR instead of cream. Needless to say I started laughing and everyone else did too. A fresh pot of coffee later everyone was happy with the HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM. And it did't curdle at all!!!! Happy T-Day, Laner

Anonymous said...

Laner! That's hilarious! Did you have it in the refrigerator? I can just see that happening...glad to know everyone got a good cup of coffee in the end:)

your kefir buddy

Anonymous said...

Great blog! We all have so much to be thankful for... nice artwork grute!