Saturday, December 11, 2010

Going for a walk


My little guy loves to be outside...you may also notice the name on the back of his shirt...which was his Papa's nickname in high school...
"Mimi, can we go outside?" he asked. (He didn't really ASK me, but I knew what he wanted!)
Of course, my answer was "Of course!" His boots went on, his bomber jacket went on, and off we went!
Emerson just looked out of the corner of his eyes to see if I was coming... (I was!)
Emerson was just talking away...using his hands and arms for emphasis....
"COME ON, Mimi!" he hollered.


He had to stop and look at the birds!

"I wonder how they get up there so high," wondered Emerson...
"Um?" I could tell he was wondering about...who knows what.

When he pointed the birds out to me, I told him what a smart boy he is...

He wondered if we were going 'dye-dye' in 'Mimicar'???? (aka, bye-bye)
I told my little guy that, no, we weren't going anywhere in the car now...so that was OK with Emerson, he just took off on another walk. I followed...I tried to keep up...
As we walked down the lane...
Uh-oh...Emerson spotted a puddle of water...
He decided to just walk right through it...
and maybe doing a little stomping...a little splashing...
"Look, Mimi!" my little guy was loving this new-found playground!

Ok, enough of that...let's keep going...
As I held back to get another picture, Emerson turned around to see what in the world his walking buddy was doing...
I told him I was coming...so, off he went...




Walking with my little guy...my little 'Lightning'...

What fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judylen, these were wonderful, wonderful photos......can't wait to do the same with Kamplyn (with the same camera!!) :-) Love the ones, especially from the back!

Anonymous said...

That boy is getting big. Great pics mom. Can't wait to see the little guy.
Uncle Josh

Anonymous said...

Love the blog and the pictures are great. Emerson is getting so tall and so handsome. I feel the same as Josh, can't wait to see the little guy. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Its a familiar site around the house. Emerson brings his shoes over and is ready to go outside when he's strapped in. I think its time to install a big gate!

Anonymous said...

Emerson is growing fast! It is hard to believe. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

UJ