Sunday, January 02, 2011

Playing at the park

"Mimi, it's not raining," Thalia told me.
"High five...double high five...it's not raining!" Emerson yelled.
Uncle Donnie gave Emerson the ball.

"Give the ball to your Mimi and ask her to take you boys to the park," Uncle Donnie said.
I took off with Emerson first...he went running...with a ball, of course.
"Den!" he saw his cousin, Ben, coming....
Emerson, as you can see, had taken a few spills on the ground...on the wet ground...on the soggy, muddy ground...but he still had his ball!
Oh boy! Thalia came with her daddy and Blu...and Benjamin was ready to romp...
Lindsey came with her WET hair...I told her she needed to cover her head...she didn't listen to me...
Benjamin was squealing with excitement as he ran around the park...
Emerson was loving it, too. It felt so good to be outside after all the rain!
It wasn't raining...but it was cold! See how red Emerson's fingers are?
The boys didn't care about the cold...
They were just having fun running around...

Thalia was enjoying some outdoor time, too. She's my nature girl...we always get out and explore...look for slugs...hike in the redwoods...visit the zoo...when she's here. This trip, so far, was keeping us inside more...rain...rain...rain...
Thalia loves her Blu!
Blu loves Thalia...

I think Emerson was watching another dog that was running across the park...
Emerson told Blu he was a good dog to stay sitting instead of chasing that other dog...Emerson gave him a pat on the head..
Thalia...I can't believe how much she has grown up!
Joshua was watching out for his girl, his dog, and his nephews...
His baby brother, Gabe, was sporting a new beard...a Christmas beard. He knew I wouldn't like it...but I do!
Joshua was keeping warm with his hoodie...unlike his sister! Of course, his brother had on a short sleeve T-shirt! I was freezing!

Ohhh...do I see a little grey in that beard, Gabe?
My baby boys...

I love them so much!
I love having them here together...love watching them horse-around...kid each other...
Gabe stopped to talk to his baby boy...and I just love this picture!
Thalia was giving Blu a hug...telling him what a good dog he is...
Emerson took off running...
As did his cousin, Benjamin...
Oh did they have fun!
Benjamin was asking Thalia if he could hold Blu...but Thalia told him Blu was too big for him to hold...
We decided to head home since the little guys had red, cold fingers...I put them on the bench to try and get a picture...that wasn't working so I asked Gabe to sit with them...
Well...
Ok, never mind...
We just decided to head home!

A fun time at the park!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benjamin LOVED his trip to the park, as you can tell! Lindsey

Anonymous said...

What great picture... I was there in person and it didn't look that good! Its great to have the park so close so those grandkids can get their beans out!

Gabe