Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Playing cars and with the tools


 This IS Emerson...this - to me- is the face, the expression, I most often see.  Sunday, we played cars.
 The ledge our railing sits on is PERFECT for a racecar track!  Matchbox cars fit just exactly.
 He told me, "Mimi, stop taking pictures and let's play cars!"  I would stop...temporarily...



 I was the yellow car and the silver truck (you can't see the truck in this picture).  Emerson was the green race car and the blue car. 
 Ah, there's my silver truck.  (I actually think it's William's truck)  The name of the game was to push them along the 'track'...and then count the posts to see how far the car went.  Emerson's almost always "WON".


 He was happy when he won, but he also would tell me "Congratulations, you won!" whenever my car did.  The yellow car was the best...the silver truck, well, it usually made it 2 or 3 posts...when the yellow car would go 10-12 posts!
 It was now time to 'fix some things' and use the tools in the tool box.  We worked on knowing what a 'Phillips head' screwdriver was. 
 Emerson 'fixed' so many things...what a handy-man he is!
 After working, it was time to go outside.  I wanted to see him ride his bike, which he wasn't so eager to do.  The promise of a fruit snack coaxed him outside....
It was a beautiful day...

time to get ready to ride the bike!

No comments: