Wednesday, April 04, 2018

I loved that tree!

 When we did the landscaping, this tree was planted.
See that bottom part of the tree on the right?
That was what it looked like for years...
 then the tree got weird...
and started growing a different tree out the top...
and then later, another tree out the side!
 It was so weird...that I loved it!
Ron never did.

Well, today he was in a 'let's work outside day' and along came his 13 trash cans...
 and then out came the chain saw...
 Baxter wasn't too sure what was going on...
 I was a bit bummed with the idea of losing the strange tree...
but Ron was determined.
 He started by cutting off the bottom branches...

 and just kept working his way up...
 Here's the topmost part of the tree...
it would have made a great Christmas tree!
Baxter was just watching...
 I didn't cry..
but I think I'll miss that tree!
 I really don't get it.
Ron told me I should take a picture of him posing with his chain saw 'for the blog'...
the blog that he NEVER reads!
 Here's some of the aftermath...
LOTS of white wood shavings...
 The truck bed is FULL...
and not all the tree is in.


 Some of the cones...


 The pile of the wood shavings was pretty large!
This is a bit too green to burn...
This was part of the trunk...
the trunk of the tree that I've loved for many years...
that's now gone!

Like I said, I loved that tree!

No comments: