I was talking to my mom this morning and happened to mention that I thought I was getting a stye.
"Oops, NO PROBLEM!" she says. "Honey, here's what you do. Trust your momma on this one."
So, she proceeds to line out for me the medical treatment for a stye. Now, when I looked this up on the internet, I failed to find her remedy. The internet says to apply a warm compress or a warm washcloth for 10 minutes, 4-6 times a day to SPEED THE RUPTURE of the stye and in the relief of symptoms.
WELL...my mom has a better and quicker solution. Yep, she says:
1. Take a GOLD ring..."it's gotta be gold...there's something about gold that works."
2. Rub this gold ring in the PALM of your hand until it's HOT.
3. Hold the ring on your eye.
4. Just do it a few times and it'll take care of it.
I was sitting on my side of the phone smiling...thinking ... well, I'm not sure what I was thinking. I was probably thinking I might become rich with this newfound medical knowledge...I mean, it's not even on the internet yet! I could publish this and become Dr. Johnston.
So, here's what I did.
1. Went into the bathroom and got a GOLD RING.
2. Rubbed it in the palm of my hand until my palm got dirty (I think my ring needs cleaning) and the ring got WARM. (It never got HOT.)
3. Held the ring on my 'maybe stye.' (I had told my mom that it MIGHT BE a stye, but maybe not. She said it didn't matter, it wouldn't hurt it if it wasn't....relief!)
4. I did this 4 times. (one extra for 'good measure.')
Now, I'll just have to wait and see.