Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Precious Baby Girl

28 years ago today...Our precious baby girl was born.We didn't know it was going to be Lindsey... we had no ultrasounds to tell us...I had a strong feeling Lindsey would be Lindsey... but all I prayed for was a healthy baby.Her proud Papa cut the cord after she was born. Symbolic.8 lbs., 11 ounces... my smallest baby!Big brother, Joshua, wasn't too sure what they were doing to his baby sister. See his hands? He was worried. "Oh, look Dear... we have a daughter! Lovely Little Lindsey..."I couldn't stop looking at her... holding her... kissing her... thanking God for her.Her proud Papa couldn't stop looking at her either.Big brother Gabe was excited... a nervous excited, I can tell by his smile. We were together, looking at our newest miracle... the Johnstons. Lindsey's big brothers were curious... but still keeping a little distance, a little unsure of this new little being...Gabe, in his intense curiosity, decided to see if she had any feet.
Lindsey Nicole... 28 years ago, today!
Now, 28 years later, my precious baby girl is carrying her first child... a son, Benjamin...Benjamin at 21 weeks...Benjamin at 22 weeks... on Valentine's DayLindsey has been practicing being a mom - of sorts - to Fluffy...Her helpful husband, Donnie, has been practicing being a Papa... and a chef... and a dishwasher... and an encourager... and, well, he's just so helpful! Maybe with a tad bit of prodding on his sweet pregnant wife's part....So here are Benjamin's proud parents to be, celebrating Valentine's... celebrating Benjamin... and today celebrating Lindsey's 28th birthday.

I love you, precious one!

Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey. Happy Birthday to such a sweet granddaughter. You've been so sweet to me. I wish your Mimi could be here to see you and Little Benjamin. She loved you so much. Her last lucid moment was thinking of you and your birthday. She wanted to make sure I had gotten your birthday card for her. I love you Lindsey and hope you have many more great birthdays.
Saddie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Linz! Great blog mom.
Josh

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom for the blog. It was good to hear from everyone on my b-day! Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, Happy Birthday! Aunt Becky and I are so proud of you! You will be a great Mom and Donnie will be a great Dad!

We love you,

Uncle John & Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Happy BDay Lindz!

I am very excited for Ben's 0th Birthday!

Brother Gabe

Anonymous said...

We're excited too Gabe. He's now negative 4 months old!