Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine

He's been my valentine for over 40 years...ever since I was 14 years old. I count myself blessed.November, 1970

40 years ago this past summer, I was down visiting my friend, Sharon. She was telling me she had someone she wanted me to meet... his name was Ronny... and he was her boyfriend's best friend.Senior year in high school, 1972... he was known as 'Lightning'

Ron and Kim (her boyfriend) had been friends for years...since elementary or maybe junior high school. They played football together ... and now they were both going to play for our high school. Sharon had her mom's car (can't remember how...or why... she was only 15!) and she picked me up and off we went to watch Kim and Ronny practice football.

After practice, they came sauntering over... Sharon introduced us... and we all decided to go to the Dairy Queen for a coke. I don't remember a lot about that visit, except that I got a phone call a little later asking if I wanted to go out. I did... and the rest is history.Senior Prom, May, 1972

I remember early in our marriage, my Valentine telling me he would always take care of me... of me and our children...May, 1977

He has...

My Valentine is an incredible husband, father, Papa, .... I could go on... Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC., April 16, 2001

I remember one night, we were talking about one of our friends who always has chaos going on in her home...always something... my guy asked me if I thought our life was boring. My answer was 'absolutely not.' Carter 301 Restaurant, May, 2008

Our home has always been a peaceful place... oh there have been some times when things weren't rosy, but they have been far and few between. I believe those times made us stronger. Mother's Day, May 2007

I can't remember where I read or heard this, but it was, 'One of the best things a father can do for his children is to love their mother.'

Our children must have the best... because their dad definitely loves their mother - and vice versa.
Circa @1970

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you guys have been together for that long, J and I were 16. Great post! Family is such a blessing.