Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Driving Miss Thalia

It all started with the Texas golf cart....

Thalia became an expert golf cart driver...chauffeuring around anyone who wanted a lift...
but now that she's ten, that's 10 years old, she's graduated to the car...

yes, you read that correctly...the car...as in automobile...as in Toyota Camry...
I was a passenger for this maiden voyage...
this maiden journey down the roads at the farm...the Johnston Farm...
I must be honest and let the readers of the JohnstonChronicles know that I was a bit...a little bit more than a tiny bit...a medium bit nervous when I was the passenger in a moving automobile being driven by a 10 year old CHILD...

Her dad, my baby boy, Joshua, was 'riding shotgun'...he had his hand hovering over the emergency brake...just in case...just in case an armadillo ran across the street and this 10 year old driver didn't slam on the brakes fast enough...or even if something like another car met us head on...which actually happened. However, the emergency brake was never applied, because this very mature, 10 year old driver, who just happens to be my granddaughter, just casually pulled over to the side of the road and came to a stop until the car passed. Now, this is just what you do in the country because the road isn't always wide enough for two cars to pass on the pavement...

I told my now-very-competent-10-year-old granddaughter to turn around and look at her Mimi so I could document this momentous occasion...
she was only too happy to oblige...
Thalia has a proud Mimi...

2 comments:

Gabe said...

Thalia that is very impressive to be driving at 10 years old!! Good coaching Grute.

Looks like fun at the farm, I wish we were there!

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Looks like fun. Aunt Becky