Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summertime

What a busy summer this has been so far! Six days after school was out, I took off for Europe. This year's itinerary (People to People) was England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, and Switzerland...which was my absolute favorite.

Scoul, Switzerland

Ftan, Switzerland



Ftan, Switzerland

Karen, me, and Gwen enjoying our Belgium waffles in Brugge, Belgium (I cannot...CAN NOT...get rid of this photo! I was moving it around to add at the bottom...but for some reason, it's being stubborn. This was not taken in Europe....nope...it's in Texas...so there MUST be some stubborn reason it's not budging???)
Standing in wooden shoes in Kinderdijk, Netherlands
Steve and I after our bike ride through Kinderdijk, Netherlands
This guy, can't remember his name, owns the wooden shoe factory and the shop were they make gouda cheese...
Gwen(Texas), Steve, Jeanette (our Austrian delegation manager), Karen, and me in Amsterdam

This year, I traveled with 42 high school students...30 that I met with during the year...and 12 we teamed with out of Texas. I love traveling with high school students...they're great!

We landed at SFO on July 7th... Lindsey, Donnie, and Benjamin picked me up and we went to Gabe, Emily, and Emerson's for the night...July 8th, Lindsey and Benjamin came home with me... 15 minutes after we got home, Joshua, Erica, and Thalia drove in from southern California. I was a bit sluggish at first from European travel...but I loved having everyone home with me. For the weekend, Gabe, Emily, and Emerson came up. All my kids at home...that makes me happy.

Wednesday morning, Joshua & family took off at 3 a.m. to head home...and in the afternoon,( after DELL computer sent someone out to replace my motherboard, processor, and memory modules on my DELL...which helped, but it's still too sluggish. I'm working on my netbook right now) Lindsey, Benjamin and I took off to take Linz home. I spent the night there, getting up and leaving at 6 a.m. to drive to Joshua's. Friday morning, Joshua, Erica, Thalia, and I took off and drove 18 hours to Amarillo Texas...and then today, drove on to my Mom's!

Whew...

We drove in...and started on projects...starting with removing her backyard pation cover...so we can replace it...it's in desperate need of a new top!
Joshua, THE project man!Joshua and UJ...after the demolitionJoshua is the mastermind behind this project...behind most projects. He orchestrated the demolition...with UJ and myself (a little) being his assistant.
Now, these photos are actually in the opposite order they should be in...but since I'm doing this on my netbook sitting in Saddie's living room, they'll just stay in reverse order. The netbook, as much as I love it, doesn't allow me to move the photos around like usual....UJ was a bit dirty after working...
At the end of the day, as I was taking photos of Joshua and John David, I was instructed to get in the photo since I had worked on the project too....they decided to take the picture like this!

My brother just told me that the JohnstonChronicles had been abandoned...so I'm remedying that situation right here!
I have lots to blog...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, I was impressed with all of your hard work at mom's! It was great to see everyone!

UJ

Gabe said...

What a summer! Looks like you all are having a great time in Texas, I wish we were there!

dluvscoke said...

This is exactly what my husband and I need to do. Our patio cover is so ugly and no matter how hard the wind may blow, it won't budge. Isn't that how it goes when you're insured?!

I would love to follow your blog and hope you will follow mine.

dluvscoke
Snippets 'N Stuff
http://www.snippetsnstuff.com

Anonymous said...

The boys did a great job. Josh is such a handy Man. My John is a hard worker. I know that Saddie was very pleased. Becky