Friday, July 30, 2010

Finally!

I am happy...

happy because my laptop is now ...well, it seems to be fixed. I'm going to play around with it awhile...and wait until 7 p.m. when Pallab, from India, will call me to reset everything.

A little history...before I left for Europe, this DELL laptop started being a bit sluggish...didn't scroll correctly...running slower...

Ran the virus scan...nothing...seemed everything OK.

Back from Europe...it was worse. So I called DELL...they ran some diagnostic tests...told me it was running slow! (Yep, that's what I called for!) They said I needed a new motherboard, memory modules, and processor. Check. They came to the house and replaced them.

It was worse...

Back from Texas, called DELL again. Same scenario... today, I had a new hard drive put in...which means I lost everything...but I did back up all I knew how to do...namely, photos.

I'm not sure where my pictures will go when I load them, so I'm waiting for now...for Pallab to call me at 7 p.m. and lead me through setting up all that I haven't already done.

New posts should be coming soon...

So much to blog!

One more thing: for some odd reason, I keep seeing this little box saying photos or videos have been deleted or moved...from Photobucket (which I didn't even think I used!) Do you see that on your screen?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I see it!
Laner

Anonymous said...

It's also on room 8 news
laner

Anonymous said...

Judy I see it too. Hope it's fixed soon. I miss my pictures. Thanks again for you and Joshua repairing my patio. It sure looks great and did I tell you how much I enjoyed the visit from you 5. I love you, Mom