Thursday, July 01, 2010

Pinch me...

These first two photos are the view out my hotel window...

The delegates are having their home stay in Germany right now...usually, the leaders have a home stay...but for some reason, this year, we don't. We're in hotels. Two of us are in this town: Bad Wildbad, Germany... and the other two are in a different town. The students are also divided between these two towns.
This place is heavenly...it's beautiful...known for it's luxurious baths (which we visited today for several hours)...
We rode this tram to the top of the mountain today...hiking through the Black Forest... getting lost, and hiking 15 miles...for 5 hours, ending up on the opposite side of town as the tram!
I set the timer at one point on our hike...here I am with Bjorn (our great bus driver), Steve, and Jeanette, our delegation manager. She's from Austria and Bjorn is from Holland.

Before we got completely lost...we found this little cabin where you could enjoy a German beverage...or some food...
Pinch me, as I said...I love this place!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun Jutze! Glad you're having a good time. Love you,
Josh

Gabe said...

Great picture with the beer! You make your sons proud!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, the pictures are so pretty and I enjoyed your csll so very much. I'm glad you're having fun but happy you will soon be home. The picture of the sunset was awsome. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW, I think it's so awesome that you get to travel every summer. Looks amazing! Have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Judy! How beautiful. What a trip. What a blessing to be able to do this.