Sunday, February 27, 2011

Joshua's bees...

These are only some of the bees that have been inhabiting the ceiling over the outside entryway leading to Joshua, Erica, and Thalia's front door...

Joshua told us the bees had gotten worse, meaning some days they couldn't even go in their front door because so many bees would be swarming around. He got an estimate, $900, to have the bees removed. When he told me that, I told him to hold on...his Pops probably knew something about removing bees...

which he did...

but Joshua figured out another way...

fogging...
After fogging them...he took down a piece of the wood that was covering the hive...not having any idea exactly where it was...this is what he saw! You can easily see 8 huge honeycombs...and Joshua said you couldn't see the little ones... you realize those are 2 x 4's next to the combs...
He started pulling them down, Erica had been excited about all the natural honey.

"No, it's nasty," Joshua told me.

His tools are a mess...just so incredibly sticky...he said he just laid his tools in the backyard instead of the garage...thinking ants would think they struck gold if the tools were in the garage...
Oh my gosh...Joshua told me he'd send more photos Tuesday when he had more time, but I had to blog this now...

Joshua's bees are a thing of the past...

Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing!! Grute I am impressed! Hey with all that experience and a $900 estimate I think you may be onto something..

Gabe

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!!!