Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chosen

Thalia and Joshua

Once upon a time...Joshua and Erica met...started dating...
but Erica, in her wisdom and love for her daughter, didn't introduce her to Joshua...not until she was sure that Joshua was the one, that he was the one for her.

We were then introduced to Thalia...and I remember the first time this little one walked through our front door.  I remember her asking me 'Why are you so excited to see me?'

I had been getting to know her through Joshua..through his stories of her...

She's been our granddaughter for years...our first grandchild...our first granddaughter...Joshua has been her Dad...has been there for her...loving her...and the affection has been returned.

Thalia had her last name changed ... think it was about a year ago... but others wouldn't agree to an adoption... 

until now...

This morning...at 8:30 a.m., they went before the judge...and Joshua and Thalia legally became Father and daughter...

I knew it was happening...but when I got the text message from Joshua that it was complete...I was sitting in my classroom...in tears.

Nothing changes... Joshua, Erica, and Thalia have been a family...but now it's all legal..

We couldn't be happier!  Thalia...we love you so much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys. What an awesome day for the family.

We love you,

Uncle John and Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Name change was actually 3 years ago but it really doesn't matter now. So glad that's done with. Although nothing changes, it's awesome to know Thalia is now officially my daughter. She's the greatest....

Josh

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this blog Mimi! :) im so happy that i am legally the daughter of my dad <3 i love u so much mimi, and i love u dad :)

Anonymous said...

Thalia, you were my first greatgrand child in my heart and now you are legally mine. I love you so much. Saddie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you! Thalia, you are an amazing girl and Josh and Erica are lucky to be able to raise you.

Gabe

PS Grute, you look good in that suit!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for y'all! What an amazing feeling it must be for it all to be official!! Love y'all so much! Thalia you are absolutely gorgeous both inside and out!

Love, Grits