Saturday, November 17, 2012
On Facebook this year, quite a few people are posting something they're thankful for each day. Some are doing '30 days of Gratitude'... call it what you want, but I think it's a great idea. I put a leaf on the 'thankful tree', but also thought it would be a good thing to make a list. Since there are 30 days in November, I guess that's where the '30 days of Gratitude' came from.
My list..in no particular order:
I am thankful for...
1. My family in general...
2. Ron...He's been my best friend since I was 14 years old...
3. Mom...Where would I be without her? I'm thankful for her independence, for the health she's enjoyed..
4. Our home...I may not like the weather here (too cool)...but this is home.
5. My grandkids! I LOVE LOVE LOVE being Mimi!
6. Teaching... I complain at times about being swamped...about the politics involved...but I love teaching!
7. Blogs! I obviously love to blog since I have 10 blogs already...but I also have a few that I love to read.
8. Thalia...I've already said "my grandkids", but Thalia has so many gifts I'm thankful for. Her music ministry amazes me...her talents in singing and playing the guitar.
9. People to People... I'm so thankful I've gotten involved with this organization. I love to travel and I've been able to visit so many countries around the world because of them!
10. Joshua...He was my first...I'm so thankful for the man he has become...for his devotion to family.
11. Coffee! Should that be on a list? I so enjoy those first couple of cups in the mornings.
12. Good health. I know this is a gift...and we don't all have it.
13. Gabrial...I love all my kids, but for years, Gabrial was my affectionate one, the one who I talked to the most, the one who was my rock...
14. Kitchen-Aide mixer! yep, I'm thankful for that! I love to cook, and it's the appliance I use the absolute most.
15. My girlfriends. For 20 years or so, I've had 9 other women who were my very close friends. I don't know what I would do without them.
16. Lindsey...my baby girl...I'm in awe of her...her drive, her convictions. I am thankful that I get to watch her as a mother...to be close to her...
17. Texas! It's where I grew up and I'm thankful for that. My mom and my mother-in-law still call it home...among other members of our family.
18. d90 ... that's the name of my camera. I bought it right before Emerson was born, and it's almost like another limb of mine.
19. John David...my brother. I can talk to him like I talk to no one else..he understands me in ways no one else does...because we are so alike in so many ways...
20. Those that have gone before me...like my Dad...and Mimi...my Aunt Jane. I'm thankful that I had them...for the influences they had on my life.
21. Hope...it's what keeps me going at times.
22. Coziness of sitting by the wood stove! I'm so glad we put this stove in with our addition!
23. Storms! Strange, I know, but I love it (when I don't have to go to work) when it's storming outside and I'm inside the warm house (See #22!) writing a blog, like I am right now!
24. Vacations... all types! Right now, it's a vacation from school...but we're not going anywhere. At Christmas, we'll vacation in Colorado...
25. Christmas! I love holidays when I've got my family around me.
26. God's presence in my life...which is what I'm most thankful for. I want to know Him more...to see, hear, and feel His presence. He's what gives me #21!
22. Donnie...my only son-in-law...He is a man of God and I'm so thankful for that.
23. Erica...what an absolute jewel she is!
24. Emily...she helped give us Emerson...I miss her.
25. Watercolors! I am so thankful I started doing this. I need to take the time....find the time, to do it more.
26. Teachers! Not me, but those that teach me. Each of my kids teach me...Alan is my watercolor teacher...Dennis is our pastor and he teaches me...
27. Changing colors of the leaves. I'm sitting here right now looking out the door at the multiple colored leaves on the blueberry bushes. They're gorgeous. Someday, I hope to see the changing colors in the northeast, like my friend Pam did this year!
28. The farm. The farm has been in Ron's family for years. I'm thankful for all the memories we have from there...and hopefully for more to come.
29. Becky...my sister in law...I am in awe of her ...of her faith in my brother ... and her faith in general..
30. I was getting ready to write PSE9...(Photoshop Elements 9) which I love to play with...but then I realized this is #30...I am thankful for it, but I'm also thankful that I could continue to name people and things I'm thankful for...