Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas dinner

 We had a sweet Christmas dinner...just three of us... Ron, Gabe, and myself...
 The menu...spiral cut ham, squash casserole, corn casserole, green bean bundles, and hot rolls...oh yeah, and some vino.
 I made several new recipes today from my newest cookbook!  Earlier, I made blue corn blinis...oh man, were they delicious!!!  They were an appetizer... They were a little yeast patty of blue cornmeal/flour/yeast...etc.  That was topped with an avocado cream, then baby shrimp, then pico de gallo, then more avocado cream.  That recipe is a definite keeper!  The green bean bundles were a new recipe.  The beans were marinated for about 4-5 hours, then wrapped in a half piece of bacon and baked.  YUM!  Another keeper.  The rolls were also a new recipe...they were good, but I like my old standby roll recipe much better. 
 Not a great photo of us...but Gabe had just come in from washing his car and mine...and I had been in the kitchen awhile... but my guy, thankfully, took a photo of us anyway!
It was a quiet, peaceful, relaxing Christmas day...

Tomorrow, Emerson will be here!  Oh boy!!!

1 comment:

Sylvia Dewy said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. The photographs are really adorable. Take care!