Sunday, December 29, 2013

Visiting Santa

The day after Thanksgiving, Santa came into Old Town on a firetruck at 2 p.m.  Benjamin and William took off for home (and to pack for Santiago, Chile!) about 1:30 p.m.  Emerson, Saddie, and I took off for Old Town.
 We missed Santa on the firetruck, but the line to see Old St. Nick was short.  Emerson was so excited to talk to Santa.  When we got closer, he was more excited...until...he noticed Santa's hand shaking on the back of the little one who was just ahead of Emerson. 

I could tell he was a little nervous, but he still wanted to talk with Santa. 
 He told Santa about a monster truck he wanted, then promptly started to get off Santa's lap.  I asked him to let me take a picture (or two:)) first, which he did. 

 I'm not sure what Santa whispered to him, but after giving Emerson a candy cane, we started walking away. 

All of a sudden I hear, "Judy Len," and I looked back to see my mom sitting on Santa's lap!

 She told him she wanted a jag...
a dark green jag,
a 1999 jag...

 Santa told her to keep dreaming!
I guess you're never too old to have a wish!

No comments: