Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


 


Oh, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
We went to get a tree today...
I love to do that... I have such memories of Christmases growing up...and with our own kids through the years.  
 
The ornaments...

Many of them mean a lot because of who gave them to me...
 
Patti gave this one to me in 2010 when we had 19 here for the week...oh how I love to have everyone here... 
 
This ceramic Christmas tree was made by my mom...I don't even know how many years ago...over 25!  Benjamin was fascinated with it last year...loving to pull up a chair to the buffet and rearrange the lights. 

 Last year, in 2012, Emerson was in awe of the gifts under the tree and the tree itself.  He would just sit on the floor and look at it.  William would probably love it more this year...but I don't guess they'll get one in Santiago... 
Does celebrating Christmas with a tree and gifts take the focus off Christ?  For me, absolutely not... The wise men came with gifts to the Christ child... Giving gifts is done because you love others...and enjoy giving.  
Students I have had who are not allowed to celebrate...to take part in the festivities children (and most adults) enjoy, what impression does that leave with them?  That serving Christ can't be enjoyed...can't be fun?  I love the parties, the gathering together with family and friends... And I know Who is the reason for the season...









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks great, Aunt Judy!! One of my favorite decorations is Obie's ceramic tree. I wish we were all going to be together for Christmas this year.

Love, GRITS

Anonymous said...

I remember many of those ornaments.. good memories!

Gabe