Sunday, March 15, 2015

Coors Brewery Tour

 On our last day in Colorado, even though we didn't know at the time it was our last day, we went to the town of Golden to the Coors Brewery.
 I don't even like Coors...or I didn't think I did.
 Coors and Miller's have there's so many different beers produced by Coors.  I had never even heard of most of these...and these are only some of them.

We had a personally guided tour by "Aunt Mary".  She's called Aunt Mary because her nieces have worked there and there's another Mary.  Because there were so many stairs on the self-guided tour, she gave us a 'modified' tour so Mom didn't have to maneuver the stairs.  Yeah, Mom!  Our tour was the best!  This is where the solids are separated from the liquid...or something like that. 
 George Killian's...never heard of it, but it was so good!
 These things are everywhere...and there are different things that go inside them.  Obviously, this was where some kind of 'mashing' was happening.

 Here's that thing that separates the solids again.  The solids go to feed...was it cattle?

 At the end of the tour, you end up in their tasting room.  Everyone over 18 can have 3 beers...full size beers.  You can choose from the ones offered that day.  Aunt Mary loves Batch 21...and it was delicious!  The Colorado School of Mines is in Golden.  I was impressed that the brewery allows you to come into this tasting room once a day, without having to take a tour, and enjoy 3 no cost!  Seeing as we were there on a Friday afternoon, it started filling up with college students. 

 Of course, you can also order soft drinks (see the menu on the wall).  However, my guy and my favorite brother were not ordering Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper, Sierra Mist, or Pink Lemonade.
As we were waiting in line for the shuttle to take us back to the car, I got an email from Southwest Airlines saying we should call and rebook our flight to SFO since a huge storm was suppose to move in that night.  At 4:15 we got the message.  At 7:30, we had taken Mom home, said good-bye, gone to John David's and packed, and gone to a DELICIOUS Mexican food restaurant called La Loma, and arrived at the airport for our 9:10 p.m. flight!
Whew!  It was a whirlwind...but Donnie was there at SFO to pick us up at 11:30 p.m.!  

It was definitely a fun day...and a bit exciting...but thankfully we made it back to California safe and sound!


Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. I've never been much of a Coors drinker either but being there and seeing how the sausage is made might have changed my mind too.


Anonymous said...

Looks like someone didn't get a beer hat.