Monday, November 26, 2018

Our last morning...

 You might notice this little black hairy buddy in the front seat of the car.
 Someone was making sure he didn't get left behind.
 The car was packed to the brim...not in this picture, but in the end.
 Not only did we have the 24' trailer that Joshua brought, but we also rented a 12' trailer from UHaul.
They were both....absolutely packed!
 Joshua had a system...
and this was the TV, propped up in my backseat, along with a lot of my paintings.


 Surreal...
Our empty family room...
 our empty bedroom....
 the kids' bathroom...
'Lindsey's room' and my paint room in the back...
 the boys' room...
 the entryway...
 Not only were the trailers packed...
but the 2 pickups were, too.
 Well, we were packed, the house was empty...
 and just like we had done with Gabe and Emily, 
we took pictures with Joshua in front of the house.
He was in the 6th grade when we moved into the house.
 Again, this was really hard, very emotional for me.
I have loved living here...loved this home...so many great memories...
 It was time to say good-bye..
and move on to more, new memories.
 Like I've said, and could say a million more times,
Joshua...
we couldn't have done it..
couldn't have even begun to do it..
without him.
He's nothing short of amazing.


 I was pretty torn up during this time,
but now, as I write this 8 days later,
it's all good.  This was a house...a house that we made our home...
a home we made for our precious family.
 The idea is we find another 'house'...
a house we will make a home.
 I could not imagine what it would be like to live around family,
family that comes to visit on a regular and often basis.
 We don't have our own home yet...
we're at John David and Becky's while we look for our own.
I don't feel like I live here...yet.
It feels like we're still visiting.  I think it'll take finding our own home before it sinks in, before it feels like I actually live here.
We took off with our two trailers...
and off we went...to Colorado.

1770 Catherine Court...
you've been wonderful for nearly 31 years!

No comments: