Sunday, October 01, 2006

Now it's Australia!

This past week I had my first meeting with the parents and students who potentially will be going to Australia this summer. It will be an 18 day trip from Sydney to Darwin to Cairns. I have already started reading about the country and trying to learn about some of the places we'll visit. I realize the more I read that I don't know much at all. I know the Sydney Opera House...the Great Barrier Reef...but not a lot more. The organization is called People to People, the same organization I worked for this past summer when I took the group to the Mediterranean. I am SO excited, especially after hearing an overview of the trip at the meeting...I think it's time to set up another blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I have always wanted to go there. I bet you will have a great time. By the way, I love your cat! He is getting frisky in his old age!

Judy said...

I've always wanted to go to Australia too! It will be their winter when we go...but luckily, only in Sydney will it MAYBE be in the 60's...so their winter will be nicer than our summer - probably! BTW, this morning as I was leaving for school....Eskie went over and pooped on a gopher mound! I cheered!