Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joshua!


32 years ago...

Can it really have been that long ago? I remember it all as if it was yesterday... being in labor... telling the nurses that Joshua was coming, only for them to tell me it was too soon. Me INSISTING that Joshua was coming and to PLEASE call the doctor ... them telling me "It's Ok, it'll be a little while."

I don't remember if I yelled, but when the nurse checked me, she about did, because...guess what? Joshua was coming!

I found this picture of me and the future "Uncle John." This was probably a week before Joshua decided it was time to make his appearance.I loved being pregnant... I loved it all. I think this next part was even OK... Labor!It was especially OK, because of what I was blessed with ... Joshua! All 9 lbs. 3 oz. of him.
Joshua was "Joshua" since the moment I knew I was pregnant. Before I was even showing, I would refer to my baby as "Joshua." There were no ultrasounds or anything like that. You didn't know if your baby was a boy or girl until it was born. But I knew. I just knew. At work, people would pass me in the hall and say, "How's Joshua?" "Oh, he's just great!" I would answer.

At my baby shower, 'Welcome Baby Joshua' was written on the cake. I even dreamed about Joshua... and when he was born, he looked JUST like he had in my dream.

Joshua was the first grandchild for my parents...
Joshua and SaddyJoshua and my dad

Joshua's first words were Da-Da... I tried to push ma-ma, but it didn't work. He probably got his love of the outdoors from his 'Pops'... Joshua was the absolute sweetest baby... He was my dream-come-true...Happy Birthday, Joshua!
I love you so much!

In addition to May 14th being Joshua's birthday, today is also his and Erica's 3rd wedding anniversary!Not only did Joshua and Erica get married, but we now had a lot more 'family'!
Happy 3rd Anniversary, Joshua and Erica!
I love you both!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh & Erica Happy Anniversary! Hope you are having a good time and some good luck in Vegas. Also happy birthday to you Grute, you were a cute kid what happened? Must have been the beatings from your little brother. JK... Happy birthday.

Gabe

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh, I love you so much and hope you have many more. I found the vase I sent your flowers in when you were born, it's blue with flowers around the sides. Also, Happy Anniversary to you and Erica. Hope you had a great time in Vegas. Love to three of you. Saddie

Anonymous said...

Josh, Happy Birthday! You are the MAN! Hope you did well in Vegas.

Love ya,

UJ