Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mud

When I think of mud, I think of my kids playing in the wet, messy mud when they were young. Joshua and Gabrial liked to throw it, Lindsey liked to "cook" with it. I had the privilege of telling them to wash their hands...and don't get it everywhere in the process.

Ron and Pete have another version of mud:
It almost looks like frosting! Lindsey might try to cook with it - if she was much, much younger, of course.
This is how that mud was mixed. Ron said the bucket, "wanted to get away." Ha! It didn't have a chance with my guy holding it tight. He's good at holding things tight. I like it when he holds me tight!.... I digress...With this mud, Pete's been taping and mudding...taping and mudding...then Ron would sand...then Pete would tape and mud... that's been going on for a week.
Yesterday, they textured. That's actually what the 'mud' in this post was used for. I think it had to be a bit thicker for texturing.

Today, Pete's in there hammering away... putting in the window! My guy just got back from the hardware store getting primer...to prime the walls. I'm heading to the hardware store to pick out the color for the paint...which hopefully will go on tonight. This is a view out the window...well, it's still the hole for the window, but that's changing. You can see part of a woodpile - that will be moved. You can see the corner of Pete's ladder... that's still there. You can even see part of 'the farmer's' backyard. Um? Wonder what the farmer is up to?Here's a better view of 'the farmer's' backyard. Um? Do we see anything...illegal growing there? Probably not.

No comments: