Sunday, March 08, 2009

Emerson King's baby shower... and Emily's, too!

Saturday was an exciting day! Many of us who love Emily and Gabe...and Emerson... came together for a shower.The food was delicious... the company was wonderful... and the games were fun.

Emily was radiant... Celebrating the coming of Little Emerson King...

Emily, like all of us, enjoyed the absolutely delicious food...

For the first game, Christie and Kelly came around with this ribbon. We were to guess how big around Emily's belly was. Some of us were close...and some were way off!
Lindsey, one of 4 pregnant mamas there, measured around her own belly and added a little. Her ribbon was too long!
Pat, Emily's brother's mother-in-law, won the prize! Congratulations, Pat!
The second game was to unscramble words having to do with pregnancy and babies. I had 17 correct... I can't remember who won, but they would have had more than 17 correct!

The next game was to guess baby animal names. That was difficult for many of us... but the winner, of course. I can't remember who won, but I do remember she had all but 2! She missed the swan and the eel.
There was also a drawing for those who brought my little King some diapers.

It was fun to see all the sweet baby gifts... and to watch my sweet daughter-in-law open them. I loved it...knowing it was all for my little grandson...
I didn't realize there was so much for babies these days... times have definitely changed since my babies were born!

Look at this little robe! Oh my gosh...it is precious!
This little booster seat looked handy. I think Lindsey decided she might need one of those for Benjamin too!
Saddie wasn't there in person, but she was in spirit! She gave her little King a lion to hang on his wall. Well, actually, Emily or Gabe can hang it on the wall for him.
In keeping with the 'King of the Jungle,' I bought these little shoes with a lion on them. Oh my... baby things are so adorable!

Lindsey was thinking ahead for Emily's comfort... and she had a toy and some onesies for her little nephew.
I think it was Christie who gave Emerson his first A's hat. Emily was excited. I guess Emerson's parents are a bit at war over baseball teams. Someone asked if Gabe was an A's fan...Christie said, 'Not YET.'

Someone asked Emily to put the hat on Emerson...
She was delighted to do that!Baseball and the jungle/animal theme were the two prevailing themes. This little baseball mit and glove is a nightlight! How cute!

After Emily opened her gifts, it was time for a group photo before people left.
We had the four pregnant mamas sitting in chairs in front...Here they are a little closer: Anna is due April 23rd, Lindsey is June 21st, Emily is May 3rd, and Kim is April 7th. I think those are all correct.
Anna is having a girl, with my two grandsons in the middle, and Kim is also having a girl. Look at that! My grandsons are already surrounded by girls!
I wanted a photo with Lindsey, Benjamin, Emerson and Emily.
I love this...
Here is Emily with her sister-in-law, Stephanie. Stephanie is married to Emily's brother. They have little Blake. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Blake. He was with his Daddy and Grandpa.
As we left, Kelly handed out favors...delicious See's candy favors... Andrea let me snap a picture as she took hers.
Last but certainly not least, I wanted a photo of Emily's wonderful friends who gave her the shower.
It was a wonderful...Thank you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, I wish I could have been there but as Judy said I was there in spirit. The food look sooo good. You have such good friends. Hope I get to meet them. I don't think you're going to go till May-looks like a lot sooner to this grandma. I love the picture of you and Lindsey and of course my daugher. Three beautiful gals. Tell Little King I love him. Saddie

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Thank you for taking all of the pictures. Little King is going to be so spoiled with love by his Mimi. We love you!
Emily

Anonymous said...

Saddie,
Every time Emerson looks at the lion, he will think of his Saddie who will also be spoiling him with love. Thank you for the gift! We love and miss you! Emily

Anonymous said...

Emily, did Gabe eat all the leftovers? You look great and we are excited for you guys.

Love ya,

UJ

Anonymous said...

I ate the leftovers that made it home! Looks like a great baby shower and thank you to everyone who helped put it on. Also thank you all for the baby stuff, it should come in handy once we figure out how to use it!

Gabe