Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Weekend with Lindsey

This last weekend was wonderful... I left Friday and headed down to Lindsey and Donnie's, making it there by 10 p.m. We don't get there as often...it's a good 6 hour drive, or a little more... and it could be a lot more if there was much traffic, which there wasn't for me!

I got to hang out with my baby girl...
I love her...and her sweet husband, my son-in-law, my only son-in-law...
who went out early Sunday morning and picked some oranges for me...
"Hey, look at this one!" he yelled. Not really, he didn't yell at all...actually I don't even think he said anything. He just saw me with the camera and showed me what he had just picked.

Now this is just one of their average, juicy, delicious, sweet oranges...one of the hundreds on their trees!
You may notice Donnie's blue legs on the ladder...
They have oranges... lots of oranges... more oranges than they can consume.
My baby girl loves to cook...and for breakfast she made a compote of plum jam, honey, and fresh oranges. She also made some Trader Joe's Quick Cooking Oat Groats (YUM!) and put the warm compote on top. Oh my gosh... it was divine!
Linz really washes those oranges before she cuts them up...
Yep, they were delicious! But I especially loved hanging out with my baby girl... my pregnant baby girl... pregnant with my little Benjamin...
Saturday was the day we went to see my little King and his mama, my sweet daughter-in-law, but not my only sweet daughter-in-law...but one of my two... get showered with love and gifts...I love this.... Lindsey, Benjamin, me, Emerson, and Emily

After the shower, Linz took me to this overwhelming place called 'Babies R Us'. It's huge.... I mean HUGE... and filled with everything you ever wanted and so much you didn't even know you wanted or even existed to make life with babies easier. It was awesome!

What a special weekend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you had great time visiting with Lindsey, Donnie and lil Benjamin. The oranges look delicious and the guy picking them didn't look delicious but lookd like a happy father-to-be. Love to all. Saddie

Anonymous said...

It was a fun weekend! Thanks for staying with us! Lindsey