Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Intentions

I'm in a cooking mood today, even though I haven't cooked anything yet - except Scottish Oatmeal.

It's no secret that I love to cook... and my guy has been out of town since Friday evening. He went down to help Gabe do some work on his house. Today it's been storming... so I've been sitting watching movies and looking through an old Cooking Light. A former student of mine, Lindsey, who lives in London, has put her weekly menu on her blog a few times...and it always inspires me. I used to do that - once upon a time... when we lived in a beautiful little podunk town in Oregon and it took me over an hour to get to a decent grocery store. So today, I was inspired to make up a menu, buy the ingredients, and do some more cooking.

Here we go:

Sunday (that's today):
Sesame Chicken (actually this is from the Silver Palate Cookbook.)
Black Beans, Rice, and Corn Salad

Spinach-Apple Salad with Maple-Bacon Vinaigrette

Monday or Tuesday
Beef Daube Provencal

Roasted Asparagus with Balsalmic Browned Butter

Herbed Basmati Rice


Wednesday
Left overs!

Thursday
Falafel with Avocado Spread (with home made Pita bread)

Garlic Fries


Friday
Beef and Beer Chili

Jack & Red Pepper quesadillas


Saturday
Grilled Blue Cheese Burgers
Garlic Fries - again!

I'm making Snickerdoodles today. It's been so long since I've made any. Plus, sometime during the week, I'll make Texas Sheet Cake. My buddy, Jake, inspired me to make the cake. She called me yesterday with a question about the recipe. I told her I wouldn't tell anyone what her question was... so I'm wondering, if I write it, is that actually TELLING it?

I look back at the menu and think, 'Um, that looks a little busy'... but we'll see how much I actually follow it!

I have good intentions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, the food looks delicious. Is the beef and beer chili the one you cooked Christmas? Sure was tasty. You're such a good cook. Love, Mother

Anonymous said...

Judy, would the food still be good if you Fed Exed it overnight? It all looks good!

Love ya,

Your favorite brother

Judy said...

Hey Mom, No, this is a different chili... a recipe I haven't made before. I'll let you know how it is because I made it last night but we're eating it tonight (Saturday.)