Thursday, May 14, 2009

My oldest baby boy turns 33 today!

33 years ago today, Joshua was born. It's so hard for me to believe it's been that long ago, but it has.

When we first moved to Oregon, my Dad flew out here with Joshua...that gave my guy and I time to drive up here with all our gear, find a place to live, and get settled in. We loved to go to parks with Joshua... he still loves being outdoors.I'm not sure if he still likes to play on the see-saw!I remember this like it was yesterday... Joshua's first haircut. He always had the most beautiful, blond curls... I loved it!My cousin, Patti, was helping Joshua learn to walk. He looks pretty determined.My guy would put Joshua on his back, in a backpack, and we'd go on walks...or hikes. More outdoor fun for Joshua!My baby boy... how can he already be 33 years old?His Pops taught him how to brush his teeth... this ended up being a battle at times, not just with Joshua, but with all 3 kids. This was an area my guy never let up on. He would brush their teeth for them... and he was thorough... and the kids didn't quite love this! We loved it when people came to visit. We still love it, although no one, except my mom, ever comes. Here is my cousin, Ray, Aunt Jane holding Joshua, and Mimi... my Mimi... the one whose name I also want to be called by my grandkids!Joshua and Grammy at Crater LakeAt Lost Creek Lake...Joshua and Mimi at Crater Lake, OregonWhile I was pregnant with Gabrial, Saddy came to visit us in Oregon. In this photo, Joshua and I had taken Saddy to the Medford airport to fly back to Texas.Along came baby brother, Gabe, and now Joshua had a permanent playmate. They always had so much fun together... Here we are at Mimi's...out in the backyard... sitting in Saddy's lap....and in Mimi's lap...
Singing in the tub...
Just being cute, I hope. I don't think Joshua was trying to choke his baby brother.with matching raincoats at Christmas...
When Lindsey made her appearance, the boys were fascinated by her... loved to love her!One of my favorite photos of my boys... they were definitely 'all boy'Dancing on the rock wall... this was their every day attire in the summers!Here, they told me to take a picture cause they were dead.Another one of my favorite pictures. Joshua and his cousin, Brenda.In a raft at Lost Creek Lake
I remember this day... I remember how I cried on this day... I thought Joshua was getting so old. It was his first day of kindergarten and he was so excited to ride the bus home from school.

He wasn't really so old... but he was definitely starting a new part of his life, his school years. And now... he's 33 years old... and I couldn't be more proud of him... or love him any more!

Happy Birthday, Joshua!

& Happy Anniversary... happy 4th anniversary to you and Erica!

I love you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH! YOUR MAMA IS SO PROUD OF HER FAMILY!! I AM HONORED TO HAVE TAUGHT YOU!! AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND ERICA!! DID THALIA GET TO SEE ADAM LAMBERT WHEN HE CAME TO HER SCHOOL?

Hugs,
Laner

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday big bro! Can't believe you were so cute! Love you, Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grute! Linz is right, you were a cute kid...what happened? JK Congratulations to you and Erica and happy Bday bro.

Gabe, Emily & Emerson

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Anniversary! Josh, it seems like it was yesterday looking at these pictures. Happy 4th Anniversary to you and Erica.

We love you,

UJ and Aunt Beck