Friday, October 02, 2009

31 things I love about Gabe

1. He and Emily have given us a gorgeous grandson...Emerson King!
2. He's a wonderful Daddy...
3. He marvels at everything Emerson does..
4. Each milestone he reaches...
5. He and Emily keep me up to date on all that's going on...
6. Emerson looks so much like Gabe...
Emerson may look like Gabe, but...
he has Emily's eyes!
7. Gabe loves every little thing about his son...


8. Gabe raised some chickens. Prior to that, he wouldn't touch an egg that wasn't white and from Safeway or Raleys!
9. I love the way he cooks...sometimes. I especially love his breakfasts...
10. He picked the perfect wife, Emily!
11. He's a communicator...
12. He stands up for Biscuit, even when he was worried that Biscuit felt threatened by Izzy's longer snout.
13. He loved his sister from the beginning.
14. He loves to hang out with his dad, drink coffee, and discuss the world.
15. He was my second child, my second son...

16. He slept through the night early...he was so big, I think he could hold a lot of milk!
17. He's always been inquisitive. When Lindsey was born, he wanted to be right by her. He first of all had to check to make sure she had feet since all he had seen was his baby sister wrapped up in a blanket!
18. He took to working his land with gusto...well, that might be stretching the truth. He did buy a tractor to make the mowing easier.

19. I love how he looks...
20. He loves family...He and Mike, Brenda's husband, became quick buddies.
21. He's always loved my brother, his UJ.
22. He was always ready to play with Joshua...or UJ... or whoever was ready to play with him.
23. He is so much fun to be around, always has been! Well, I guess there were some years when maybe I wouldn't have agreed with that 100% of the time. Gabe was a stubborn young guy...he used to have a temper...but he has mellowed with age!
24. He always loved his big brother, Joshua. He loved to be with Joshua, to play with him, to read with him, to watch cartoons with him...to play with Joshua's friends...
25. I love to take pictures of my boys together.
26. He was all boy...
27. He and Emily are so good to Ron and I.
28. He takes good care of Biscuit.

29. He's pretty much taught himself to play the guitar.
30. He's always been my friend...my very close friend...
31. He makes time for us...makes sure we know he loves us.
32. He's such a great guy...in so many ways...
33. He loves Emily...I remember the day he called and asked us to come visit him at college...and told us he had someone he wanted us to meet. That was the first, and only time, he ever said that.

34. He was an extremely easy birth...quick...very quick...
35. He's a wonderful brother to Joshua and Lindsey.
36. He loves to spend time together with the whole family.
37. He's just an incredible person...and I can hardly believe that today he is 31 years old!

Ok, so I listed more than 31 things I love about Gabe...I could keep going on and on...

Happy Birthday to The Boy...
Happy Birthday, Gabe!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grute, I think there was a lot of fluff in that because it's your birthday. 31 things, there's no way. I was thinking more like 3+1=4.....4 things that I love about Gabe. I'm still trying to figure out what the fourth thing is so I'll get back to you.
Happy birthday brother and I can't wait to see you and the family.
UJosh

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gabe, your mom listed a lot of things she loves about you and they are all true but she didn't mention how sweet and caring you are to me. Thanks Gabe for everything. Hope to see you Thanksgiving. Many more happy birthdays. I love you, Saddie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gabe! We love you!!!
Emily and Emerson (a.k.a. the bull calf)

Gabe sure loves his family; this is a quality of his that I adore and admire. Plus, who
wouldn't love the Johnstons/Barkers?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Gabe. You are the Man! I agree with everyting your mom listed + more....

Hope you had a great day!

Love ya,

UJ

Anonymous said...

Happy B day Gibby. We love you and agree 100%. Ok, maybe there were times when I too would have NOT said you were the best bro in the world, like when I couldn't bring my friends over because you were too mean. But, you were only doing your job, toughening me up. Love you and pray for an excellent 31st year! I'm sure you will learn a lot of patience this year. Love, Linz

Anonymous said...

Here Here!!

Thanks for a great blog mom. Without a doubt family is the most important thing in the world.

Grute, I thought 31 was a stretch myself... I'd take 4 any day!!

Penz, I don't recall any of that mean behavior. I selectively remember being the nicest, sweetest older brother a girl could ask for!

Thanks to everyone!

Love ya!

Gabe