Sunday, October 04, 2009

Our first fire of the year

Here it is, October 4th, and we lit a fire in the woodstove today.  My guy was getting a bit antsy…he watched the thermostat rise this morning, starting at 61 degrees in the house when he woke up. He went out to start watering the lawn, but the sprinkler was frozen.  I asked him if he thought it was necessary to water the grass since it was so cold. 

“It’s always ok to water the lawn,” was his answer.

Tonight, the house – or at least the kitchen – was 66 degrees, but he decided to light a fire so the house would be warmer in the morning. 

Ahh…it’s that time of year again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes T-Giving will be nice and toasty! I am looking forward to stuffing my face with turkey and all the fixins. Then I will watch the S-N-Double-O-P nod off during a football game. Hours later he will spring to life and ask "Who's Winnin?" during the Grute's viewing of a monster truck rally.

Holiday season is upon us!

GJ