Sunday, October 11, 2009

Relaxing with my guy

When I was 14 years old, I started dating my guy....who was 15.
We dated all through high school... he was and still is my very best friend.

We got married and moved away...it was hard, it was exciting, and it was probably the best thing we could have done. Oh, I would love to live around all our family - that's a fact, but we needed to learn to depend on each other, to comfort each other, to be the other's best friend. I look at my guy sometimes and think how very thankful I am to have him...to have gone through all we have together...to still be best friends...to still enjoy being together...I am so thankful my guy knew my dad...and that my dad knew him. I'm so thankful he knew Mimi and she knew him...that I knew his grandparents, and they knew me.
My guy hasn't been much of a traveler...and I love to travel. We've gone a few places, other than Texas...and now he's talking of branching out a little more. We went to Victoria, BC, one year in April...and had a fabulous time... We went to Washington, DC a couple of years ago and he became "Metro Man" for awhile here on the Johnston Chronicles....

This weekend we took a trip to Oregon, to the Jazz Festival, and had a wonderful, relaxing time. I think we've been going for 4 or 5 years. We drove there on Friday, listened to music and ate out at our favorite restaurant up there, Porters, on Saturday, and then shopped around and drove home today.

I remember looking at him as we were driving and talking and thinking...we have been blessed - with so much - with each other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jutze, those are some groovy pics of you and pops. I'm glad you guys had fun at the Jazz festival. Did you have to get the neighbors to feed dad's spiders while your were gone? You and Dad are awesome together and I think we (the kids) are equally thankful that you two have the relationship you do. I couldn't have asked for better parents in raising me and giving me direction. I love you both.
Josh (the better looking and much more behaved son) :)

Anonymous said...

Snoop, you look like a STUD!

I'll give you direction Grute, find a short pier and take a long walk!

Sincerely,

The often imitated but never duplicated, pound for pound (for pound) Grute Jr.

Anonymous said...

Ron, you are awesome! You are the best brother-in-law in the world.

I love you,

John David Barker