Sunday, February 21, 2010

Before and After...better than HGTV


After some...well, some detours, Joshua, Erica, and Thalia finally got moved into their new house. Now, they've been busy working on it, making it into their home. This is the kitchen...and it's the photo I took back in December. It didn't need any work...well, except they bought a new refrigerator and stove.This was Joshua and Erica's room before they painted. Starting to paint....Completed! Now, I have no earthly idea why this photo is so small. But you can still see the difference. I love the color!!!This room...well, I'm not sure why anyone would paint that color red...and then paint crown molding BLACK??? Originally, I think this was going to be a guest room...but it ended up being Thalia's...not these colors, of course!That red and black took a lot of primer... a LOT OF PRIMER!I love this color...seems similar to Joshua and Erica's room. The red is the closet...obviously, not painted yet. The crown molding looks like it needed more primer...What a difference! Joshua put in new wooden blinds once the painting was complete...Here is one wall in Thalia's new room......and here's a different view...and still a different view!

Thalia, this is beautiful!
Here's the pink room... This picture was taken in December...and it was originally going to be Thalia's room.

It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind!The pink room with some primer...More primer and a sunset thrown in for good measure...The pink room becoming the green room...Wow! I love the green room! Great choice of colors!!!There was another red room..only this one had white crown molding...not black. This also need a lot of primer...Erica's uncle was there to lend a hand with painting the red room...Ahh...the red room transformed into a calm, peaceful, guest room. I can't wait to sleep there!The entry way is tall...here is my baby boy up there painting away...He definitely took time to tell his sweet wife how much he loved her:)Here's the entry way painted....with the old light...and the entry with the new light...and the ladder that Joshua has been using...Ahh... the entry with the new light. I love that fixture!
There are two sliding glass doors that Joshua wanted/needed to replace. He had called to talk to his Pops about the prices he had been quoted to buy the doors and to have them installed. My guy, who thinks Joshua can do anything, told him just that...told him not to pay someone else, that HE could install them himself. I'm not sure how confident Joshua was at first...but he did...and they look great!
Ahh, and out those sliding glass doors is this backyard. I see their patio set out there. Won't that be wonderful, sitting out there eating Josh-burgers cooked on the grill and having a glass of ice tea in the warm weather?

I know you have more work to do...but everything you've done looks superb!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, you're doing such a wonderful job. I wish you lived close to me for more than one reason. You are so talented. I hope I get to see your new home when you are through redoing and painting. I know it is going to be beautiful. Love to all, Saddie

Anonymous said...

The house is beautiful! Can we come visit :) Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Nice lookin pad Grute!!

When you are done painting and decorating, give your big bro a call for the man's work and I'll be happy to refer somebody for you!

We can't wait to come check it out.

Gabe, Emily & Emerson

Anonymous said...

Nice lookin pad Grute!!

When you are done painting and decorating, give your big bro a call for the man's work and I'll be happy to refer somebody for you!

We can't wait to come check it out.

Gabe, Emily & Emerson

Anonymous said...

The house looks GREAT! You guys have put a tremondous amount of work into the house. Can't wait to see your house.

UJ