Monday, February 15, 2010

Rockers

Joshua, June 19, 1977

You readers of the JohnstonChronicles may remember THIS post of the rocking chair on September 23, 2009. I love that rocking chair...always have. Since I finally got my new (actually it's 'refurbished'..."DELL'S policy...") printer with the great scanner, I've been scanning lots of photos. All the ones on Addison's post were some of the ones I've been pouring through. Well, I came across this photo of Joshua...in his rocking chair! His rocking chair I had totally forgotten about! I brought the photo to my guy and asked him what had happened to the rocker...if it could be in the attic. He wasn't sure, but after climbing up to look:
He found it! I was so excited!!!

As I was exclaiming my happiness over finding this...rediscovering it...he added, "There are two more up there."

"Two more?"

My guy told me he THOUGHT they were rockers, but couldn't tell for sure. He climbed back up...and sure enough....
One was built...hand made...in 1982.....
and one in 1984. The guy who made them had written on the bottom of each. I was in shock...I absolutely had not remembered them at all. I remembered them when I saw them...but didn't remember that our old neighbor, Elmer, had handcrafted them. I'm assuming he made one for Gabe, since Joshua already had a rocker, and then later, one for Lindsey.
They are absolutely beautiful...solid oak...made for my little people!

My guy asked me if I was going to give them to Gabe & Emily for Emerson and to Linz and Donnie for Benjamin.

I thought about it for a second and said, "No...I'm keeping them here for them to rock in when they visit."
I can just see my two little men sitting here...discussing who knows what!
Thalia will sit inbetween them to keep the peace...
Oh...wait, there's 4 rocking chairs!

That must be for grandchild #4?

One can dream...hope...pray...

No comments: