Monday, March 14, 2011

The Batman

The original Batman...
the bat...
my batman...my hero...who saved me from attack by the bat...

We were up Friday night, just casually enjoying a glass of wine...when something flew through the living room...

we weren't sure what it was at first...a bird? a bat? We finally determined it was a bat... and my Batman leaped to his feet, grabbed his batbroom, and took a dynamic swing (or it could have been a dozen swings) at the intruder...

BAM! It landed with a resounding THUD on the kitchen floor...
My baby boy, my hero in disguise...he swept the intruder into a box...
all in a days work...
R.I.P.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a bat cat, rather than a bat broom. Cinderclaws is really great at catchin' em! One night she brought one over to me for a gift but she didn't tell me. Unfortunately I woke up and stepped on my little kitty present. Squish!
Laner

Anonymous said...

Grute, I can only imagine the courage that took. I can tell by the pictures it must have been a vicious fight, man against beast. Your gladiator stance shows the pride of a true warrior. Great job.
Josh

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I wasn't still awake or I would have screamed and woken everyone up! Lindsey

Anonymous said...

I have 2 things to say...

#1: Rolling up the pants was a bad idea

#2: There's a little captain in all of us