Monday, September 24, 2012

Red Sun

 I was driving home from school.... late...

I think I left school at 6:40 p.m.  I saw this...and was hoping I'd make it home in time to grab my camera and get a photo...
I couldn't see it from my house, it was too far down on the horizon...

so I ran down the street...turned left...turned right...and headed west until I could get a good shot of it.  So many people were outside...all looking at the sun.  These pictures don't do it justice...it was so red, so beautiful...and there were striations running through it.

Amazing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jutze,
I think you could do another blog titled "Visible sun in Humboldt". That's probably just as rare as the red sun.

Josh

jujabbo said...

Ha ha so true Josh!
Linz

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. Glad you got the picture. Mom

Judy said...

As I was hurrying to get home and get my camera out...I remember thinking... IF I had an iPhone, I could easily pull over and snap that photo! What do you think, Josh?

Anonymous said...

That is true....you could even pull over and blog it if you wanted.....

Josh