Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saturday evening

My guy went to a Mennonite farmers market last week...
Lindsey was a bit surprised when I told her that...you have to know my guy to understand why that's a bit strange...
As he was getting ready to put it on the grill, he told me the husk was purple...

Purple?  Purple husk?  I had to go look...and then I had to take a picture cause I've never seen a purple husk.  Once I took the photos, my guy wanted me to take a picture of him holding the corn...OK...
I took this...and then he put them up to his ears...

Uh..why are you doing that?  I asked.

"Ears...ears of corn!" he exclaimed.  "Benjamin will like this."

Now I have no idea why he thought Benjamin would like this photo...he does love corn...he does love corn on the cobb...but I took the photo anyway...  My guy can certainly be a ham at times...
 He was out barbequing chicken...and corn on the cobb.  I was inside working on school work...  He came in and told me to come outside and look at the sunset...  It  WAS beautiful...but these photos don't do it justice...
 I took a few pictures...
 He continued to barbeque... then he got this silly grin on his face, picked up the corn OFF THE GRILL...
 and put them by his ears...

he told me Benjamin would get a kick out of it???

"Uh, aren't those hot?" I asked.

"Oh..oh...yeah...!"he said as he tossed them around before getting them back on the grill.
The cobbs were safely back on the grill...the chicken was coming off...and it was time to eat!

My guy...sometimes he's just a big kid!

3 comments:

jujabbo said...

What a goofball! But we love him :) Linz and Benjamin

Anonymous said...

LOL. Good move Pop! I'm a fan of the "ears of corn".

Josh

Anonymous said...

Looks like that BBQ is as good as new.

Josh